Register on our Developer Relations site first via the "Login" link at the top right.
Click the "Initial Support Request" button on our Support Page:
Go directly to the Basic Support Portal:
Basic Support Portal
The following describes the support process using the Wacom Developer Relations website:
- Click on Resources -> Support
- You will be asked to log in with Wacom ID.
NOTE: If you do not have a Wacom ID, please create one from “Click here”.
- Wacom ID account creation (if needed)
Once you are logged in the support page will be displayed with three options as shown below. Click on “Initial Support Request”.
- Fill in the details of your request, providing as much information as possible about your current system and the details of your issue, providing screenshots if possible, especially if there are any error messages to report.
Scroll down to fill in remaining fields (not shown above) and click [Submit] to finish. A message is then displayed showing the request number – this remains on the screen for only five seconds, after which you are returned to the main support page.
You will receive an email similar to the below when the support department picks up your ticket – click on the “Visit the portal” link to access the customer portal where you can set up your password for future use. For convenience you may wish to set up the same password as for your Wacom ID.
- Below is the initial welcome screen for the Wacom Ink SDK Basic Support customer portal. Your user name is your email address and this cannot be changed but you must enter a password for future use when logging into the portal. For convenience you may like to use the same password as for your Wacom ID. Your full name will be recorded on your profile and on each ticket which you raise and will appear on the portal as the “Requester” (see figure below).
- Once you have submitted your initial support request and set up your password you can go directly to the “Basic Support Portal”, either via the button shown above in figure 5 or by using this URL:
- Here is a screenshot of the basic portal which becomes available to you once you have raised an initial request.
At this point you can select one of the three options to create a ticket (please note that the “Search” box labelled “What do you need help with?” is currently inactive).
The input screen for raising the generic “Support request” is shown in figures 10 and 11 on the following pages. “Product” (on the second screenshot) is a two-level field which contains default values of “WILL SDK for Signature” and “Signature SDK” – if these are not correct please choose the most appropriate options from the 2 drop-down lists.
On clicking [Create] the portal redisplays the request details as shown below and assigns an issue number – in the example this is shown immediately above the issue summary and is “WBS-470”.
You will also receive a confirmation email as follows:
- In order to view existing tickets which you have raised, click on the “Requests” link at the top right of the portal and select “My requests”. If other people in your organisation have also raised tickets on the system then these should also be shown if you select the “All requests” option (provided that this has been enabled by the Wacom Ink SDK Support department for your organisation).
- You should then see your Wacom Ink SDK tickets as below. You can click on the blue reference number or summary to see the full details.
N.B. The user name and password for the Developer Relations Web site (essentially this is your Wacom ID) are completely separate from the user name and password for the Wacom Ink SDK Support system. Normally your user name for both is your email address. To simplify matters you can specify the same password for the Wacom Ink SDK Support system as for the Developer Relations Web site.