This document is intended to support web app developers who would like to add Wacom tablet-aware capabilities to their web application on Chrome OS.
We use the W3C standards, an Open Web Platform for application development. The Web API - Overview page has details about tablet related information in W3C.
Types of applications you can write with Web API
Web API supports the ability to create interactive cross-platform browser applications such as:
- Graphics and rendering applications targeted for creative users
- Signature capture applications for the business community
- CAD-type applications that perform drawing measurement functions
- Collaborative "whiteboard" apps with coworkers across the world
Web API supported tablets
Web API is supported by all Wacom tablets that generate ink and touch data. These include the following tablet families:
- Pen and/or Touch Computers
- Pen and/or Touch Display Tablets
- Pen and/or Touch Tablets
Web API supported Chrome
Chrome versions 55 or later support Web API. Details can be found on this site: https://caniuse.com/#search=pointer-events.
Web API sample code
Demo Web applications can be found on the Web API sample code.
Basics – Details on how to start writing Web applications
Reference – Information on the Web API
FAQs – Useful Web programming tips
Sample Code – Full Web demo samples